Top Ten Things You Probably Never Knew About Gaddafi’s Libya
Greg Lance – Watkins
Top Ten Things You Probably Never Knew About Gaddafi’s Libya
1. In Libya, a home is considered a natural human right.
Qaddafi’s Green Book states the following:
“Whoever possesses the house in which you dwell, the vehicle in which you ride or the income on which you live, possesses your freedom, or part of it. Freedom is indivisible. For people to be happy, they must be free, and to be free, they must possess the possibility of satisfying their own needs. Whoever possesses the means of fulfilling your needs controls or exploits you, and may enslave you despite any legislation to the contrary.
The material needs of people that are basic and personal start with food, housing, clothing and transport and must be regulated as private and sacred and their satisfaction should not depend on hire. To satisfy these material needs through rent, gives the original owner the right to interfere in your personal life and to control your imperative needs, even if the original owner be the society in general. The original owner can usurp your freedom and take away your happiness. The interference of the original owner may include repossessing your clothes, even leaving you naked on the street. Likewise, the owner of your means of transportation may leave you stranded on the sidewalk, and the owner of your house may make you homeless.
People’s imperative needs cannot be regulated by legal or administrative procedures. They must be fundamentally implanted into the society in accordance with natural rules.”
2. Education was free
Qaddafi’s views on education are actually a whole lot more progressive than many US politicians. He believed that education had nothing to do with a routinized curriculum. He pointed to the fact that the western world has forced their youth to learn during specified hours while sitting in rows of desks, and that this type of education now prevails all over the world and goes against human freedom; education is a far broader concept than sitting in a row and absorbing propaganda about the greatness of historical figures who did not really earn their renown (Columbus established slavery in America, and Edison stole his inventions from others), or singing some patriotic national song every day.
He strongly believed that state controlled/standardized education is again, a “forced stultification” of the masses. He believed that all governments who set courses of education in terms of a formal curriculum and force people to learn them are coercing and manipulating their citizens. He was right.
“All methods of education prevailing in the world should be destroyed through a universal cultural evolution that frees the human mind from curricula of fanaticism which dictate a process of deliberate distortion of man’s tastes, conceptual ability and mentality.”
He did not mean that schools should be closed, in fact he believed that education was important; his gripe was that society should provide all types of education, and give the child the chance to choose freely between his courses. Nobody should tell him or her what knowledge is true “because we the government says it is”, while restricting the pursuit of his own creative ideas, stamping out any creative thought, any wish to change the circumstance he is in.
“Knowledge is a natural right of every human being of which no one has the right to deprive him or her under any pretext, except in a case where a person does something which deprives him or her of that right.”
3. Medical treatment was free
4. There were no electricity bills in Libya, electricity was free
Politicians seem to only be intent at figuring out how to accumulate greater tax revenues… their solution seems to be to put a meter on everything. It’s just another way, out of many, to force us to keep working. Keep being the willing slave. It certainly isn’t difficult for an oil-exporting state to provide electricity free of charge, but he was surrounded by oil-exporting states that charged their own citizens for the resource.
5. Qaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great ManMade River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country
6. All newlyweds in Libya would receive 60,000 Dinar ($50,000 USD) by the government to buy their first apartment to help start a family.
7. A portion of Libyan oil sales is or was credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens
8. Libya had it’s own state bank which provided loans to citizens at zero percent interest by law and they had no external debt.
9. A bursary was given to mothers with newborn babies
10. If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need in Libya, the government would fund them to go abroad for it – not only free but they get US $2,300/month accommodation and car allowance
Qaddafi was no terrorist, and regardless of what you think of the above ten points, American intervention has turned Africa’s richest nation into a hell-hole dominated by Islamic extremists in the West, a Western-backed powerless government on the East. Migrant trafficking plagues the North, and terrorists the South. The Western governments were happy to depose the man, but “for some reason” lost all interest in helping the country achieve stability thereafter.
To view the original of the article above CLICK HERE
To learn more about Qaddafi’s Great ManMade River project CLICK HERE
To learn how Obama claimed his handling of Libya was ther biggest mistake of his Presidency CLICK HERE
To read Murmar Qaddafi’s ‘Green Book’ CLICK HERE
tel: 44 (0)1594 – 528 337
Calls from ‘Number Withheld’ phones Are Blocked
All unanswered messages are recorded.
Leave your name & a UK land line number & I will return your call.
‘e’Mail Address: Greg_L-W@BTconnect.com
Accuracy & Copyright Statement: CLICK HERE
Summary, archive, facts & comments on Ukip: http://Ukip-vs-EUkip.com
Details & Links: http://GregLanceWatkins.com
UKIP Its ASSOCIATES & DETAILS: CLICK HERE
Views I respect & almost Totally Share: CLICK HERE
General ‘Stuff’: http://GL-W.com
Documents, Essays & Treaties: https://GLWdocuments.wordpress.com/
The Hamlet of Stroat: http://Stroat-Gloucestershire.com
The Study of a Wind Turbine Application: CLICK HERE
Health Blog.: http://GregLW.com
Chepstow Chat: http://ChepstowChat.wordpress.com/
Christopher Storey: http://ChristopherStory.wordpress.com/
Des Watkins DFC: http://DesWatkins.wordpress.com/
Hollie Greig etc.: http://HollieGreigetc.wordpress.com/
The McCann Case: http://TheMcCannCase.wordpress.com/
The Speculative Society of Edinburgh: http://SSOE.wordpress.com/
Stolen Kids, Dunblane: http://StolenKids-Dunblane.blogspot.com/
Stolen Kids, Bloggers: http://stolenkids-bloggers.blogspot.co.uk/
- I NEVER post anonymously on the internet
- ALL MY BLOGS & WEB SITES are clearly sourced to me
- I do NOT use an obfuscated eMail address to hide behind
- I do NOT use or bother reading FaceBook
- I DO have a Voice Mail Message System
- I ONLY GUARANTEE to answer identifiable eMails
- I ONLY GUARANTEE to phone back identifiable UK Land Line Messages
- I do NOT accept phone calls from witheld numbers
- I Regret due to BT in this area I have a rubbish Broadband connection
- I AM opposed to British membership of The EU
- I AM opposed to Welsh, Scottish or English Independence within an interdependent UK
- I am NOT a WARMIST
- I do NOT believe the IPCC Climate Propaganda re Anthropogenic Global Warming
- I AM strongly opposed to the subsidy or use of failed technologies eg. WIND TURBINES
- I AM IN FAVOUR of rapid research & development of NEW NUCLEAR technologies
- I see no evidence to trust POLITICIANS at any level or of any persuasion
- I do NOT believe in GODS singular or plural, Bronze Age or Modern
- I value the NHS as a HEALTH SERVICE NOT a Lifestyle support
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial or GBH rape.
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial, terrorist, mass or for pleasure murder.
- I believe in a DEATH PENALTY for serial gross child abuse including sexual.
- I do NOT trust or believe in armed police
- I believe in EUTHENASIA under clearly defined & legal terms
Re-TWEET my Twitterings