Brief CoronaVirus Up-Date
as at 09:30hrs. GMT 10-Feb-2020
& Tips …
Shows the cumulative totals at 09:30hrs. GMT 10-Feb-2020
Coronavirus Cases: 40,628
of which 6,494 (15%) in critical condition
SARS final death total in 2003 – 774
MERS final death total in 2012 – 858
- Almost any medical disinfectant will kill the Virus but killing the virus is a far cry from CURING the virus in those who are infected by it.
- We do not KNOW what the survival of the virus is on surfaces or goods we may receive or obtain from infected sources!
- There is probably little risk of contracting 2019-NC0V from goods imported from China – but we can not be certain!
- Try to use hand gel once an hour.
- Wipe door handles & regularly touched surfaces.
- Use wooden chopping-boards for all food, as wood is bacterial & virus-resistant, unlike plastic or formica laminates.
- Use hand-gel as you enter your home & wipe ALL shopping etc. brought in.
- Avoid public places & gatherings where possible.
- Maintain personal space particularly 4>5 feet when face to face.
- Wash ALL foods brought into the home with mild disinfectant -vinegar or salt is better than nothing.
- Act rationally with common sense!