[263 – 265] of:
- The United Kingdom will have 24 members with 24 alternates on a Committee with 222 members and 444 members and alternates in total.
- The Member State [in our case the United Kingdom] shall propose members, thus Wales has no representation enshrined in European law. These proposals must be unanimously approved by the Council (of Europe). Thus every United Kingdom member could be proposed from one region.
- If the Council approves the proposal, the Council can renew their term of office.
- Nowhere herein does it say that members represent a region [viz. Wales], in fact it expressly states that they shall not have a mandate or be bound by instruction.
- Members are not elected, they are proposed by Westminster and appointed by the Council & their loyalty must be to Europe ‘..performance of their duties, in the general interest of the Community’.
- ‘It shall adopt its own Rules of Procedure.’ = It shall become a law unto itself?
- The entirety of Article 265 says nothing other than the Committee shall have freedom of speech. The implication being that citizens of the new State of Europe do not have freedom of speech.
- There is no undertaking that the Committee has to be consulted, nor that anything it says has to be listened to. Therefore since it has no authority, no area of jurisdiction and no responsibility it has no reason to exist. Just another costly waffle shop!
There are some, I am sure, who honestly believe that an Assembly for Wales is a good idea for Wales. Some will welcome the removal of benevolent control, albeit sometimes misguided, from Westminster – surely they can not welcome direct rule by the un elected dictator committee that rules Europe, the European Commissioners. Some may feel that two more tiers of Government will help Wales, I can not for the life of me see how – the more tiers of Government the further from the electorate decision
If you require further assistance or information, for the defence of Britain, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Greg Lance – Watkins.
To view the original of the article above CLICK HERE
For more about The Welsh Assembly and why the WAG now calls it The National Ass for Wales CLICK HERE
It is also worth reading Dr. Richard North’s comment on the idiotic and self destructive Referendum in Wales today 03-Mar-2011 – what was the story about the mad March hare where they squabble and fight for dominance!
Did you know that there was a referendum today on whether the Welsh Assembly should be given law-making powers?
The fact of the referendum, the reasons for it and the consequences, have been the object of almost total silence within the province, many people with the misfortune to live in Wales being unaware of the referendum. Is it believed that the silence is deliberate. This is a measure that even on a good day would be unpopular. The less people know of it, therefore, the more chance its self-interested supporters have of getting it through.
As for the rest of the UK, although this is called devolution, it is yet another step in the dissolution of the Union – the United Kingdom, that is. That, of course, means another step towards the creation of the Europe of the Regions, part of that greater European Union.
The process of regionalisation started as a parallel model for the political integration of Europe, and has since been absorbed into the mainstream. Creation of strong(er) regional entities, with direct ties to the supranational centre (Brussels) weakens the power and authority of the national government.
The bizarre thing is that it does nothing to enhance democracy or local accountability. It simply adds – and in this case strengthens – yet another, more intrusive layer of government and confuses lines of responsibility and authority … which is, of course, part of the game.
Anyone really interested in democracy would be pushing enhanced powers to local authorities – including genuine tax-raising powers and, indeed, law-making powers. Local authorities used to have such powers, exercised by way of by-laws, and local Acts. Many of the issues which are currently regulated by national British regulations and now EU law started off their lives as by-laws.
No longer can such a degree of local autonomy be permitted by our masters. In the Orwellian world of the Perfect Union, devolution means more centralisation. More “democracy” means less democracy. That is what was always intended to be, even if there are some people stupid enough to believe otherwise.
That is why those who are aware of the referendum and who understand what it is really about will be voting “no” today.
To view Richard’s original CLICK HERE
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821), Regards, Greg L-W. for all my contact details & Blogs: CLICK HERE British Politicians with pens and treachery, in pursuit of their own agenda and greed, have done more damage to the liberty, freedoms, rights and democracy of the British peoples than any army in over 1,000 years. The disastrous effects of British politicians selling Britain into the thrall of foreign rule by the EU for their own personal rewards has damaged the well-being of Britain more than the armies of Hitler and the Franco – German – Italian axis of 1939 – 1945.