#G140* – DAKOTA INDIAN / BEATING A DEAD HORSE!
Without their horse this settler family are stranded in the great plains of America miles from not just anywhere but any thing.
There is no point in one of them taking the remaining horse for help – there is none. They must stay with everything they own, eat the horse and hope – if no one passes they will run out of water and will then have to hope the blood from the other horse will besides making them sick because of the salt content, will keep them alive a little longer.
Both the courage and the desparation was what opened up America and they had to hope that if they were found they would not have all their possesions stolen by the passing settlers and still be left to die.
No trees, no shelter, the only building material was ‘prarie marble’!
BEATING A DEAD HORSE
This traces back to the College and University Public Relations Association of Pennsylvania (CUPRAP) as “Indian Wrestling with Management.” We surmise the author has been discharged for cause (insubordination) and the objects of his derision repeatedly promoted. (The original list had only twenty items, but then we were audited in duplicate by the Federal Reduction in Paperwork Act.)
Dakota Indian tribal wisdom passed on from one generation to the next says that when you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount. In modern business, government, and academia factors parameterized as discounted cashflow/return on investment extrapolations and managerial performance evaluations are critical junctures.
Other dead horse strategies must be appraised to boost the bottom line:
01. What dead horse?
02. Buy a stronger whip and beat the dead horse.
03. Contact Personnel and demand an explanation.
04. Appoint a committee to study the dead horse.
05. Assemble a PowerPoint dead horse presentation.
06. Has the dead horse’s warranty expired?
07. Visit subsidiaries to see how they ride dead horses.
08. Upgrade dead horse working conditions.
09. Have President Bush the Lesser declare “the dead horse has already begun to awaken.”
10. Increase standards to include dead horses.
11. Attend a Dead Horse Motivational Seminar
12. Assign the dead horse to Marketing.
13. Assign the dead horse to R&D.
14. Retrofit the horse with new tack.
15. Shorten the track.
16. Create a training session to increase the riders’ load share.
17. Rotate the dead horse into FIFO inventory.
18. Discard the saddle; ride the dead horse bareback.
19. Point the dead horse in the opposite direction and note how well he maintains his position.
20. Reclassify the dead horse as living-impaired.
21. Change the form so it reads: “This horse is not dead.”
22. Innovate benchmarks for industry dead-horse leaders.
23. Hire outside contractors to ride the dead horse.
24. Assign the dead horse to the graveyard shift.
25. Compare current riding to riding before horse acquisition.
26. Tighten the dead horse’s cinch.
27. Factor in dead horse savings re food, water, and maintenance.
28. Harness several dead horses together for increased speed.
29. Appoint a Tiger Team to revive the dead horse.
30. “This dead horse was procured with cost as an independent variable.”
31. Relocate the dead horse.
32. Send the dead horse to a continuing education course.
33. Send the dead horse to a convention.
34. Send the dead horse on vacation.
35. Authorize the dead horse for behavioral counseling under the company HMO.
36. Donate the dead horse to a recognized charity, deducting its full original cost.
37. Compare your dead horse’s performance to other companies’ dead horses.
38. Render unto Caesar.
39. Hire Arthur Anderson, Inc. to count your herd.
40. Provide additional funding to increase the dead horse’s performance.
41. Threaten the dead horse with termination.
42. Downsize the dead horse.
43. Downsize the dead horse and retain it as a contract hire.
44. Downsize the dead horse and replace it with an entry-level dead horse at one-third the salary.
45. Discharge the dead horse for cause.
46. Do a time management study to see if lighter riders would improve productivity.
47. Purchase an after-market product to make dead horses run faster.
48. Declare that a dead horse has lower overhead and therefore runs faster.
49. Proactively initiate parametric discounted cashflow/return on investment dead horse projections under varying microeconomic scenarios.
50. Issue a corporate mission statement to develop more “passion” for the art of horse riding.
51. List the dead horse as a new asset.
52. Survey the state of dead horses in today’s business environment.
53. Repackage the dead horse.
54. Reassign fault to the dead horse’s breeding.
55. Form a quality focus group to find profitable uses for dead horses.
56. Survey business school casebooks for dead horse models.
57. Require at least two more dead horses before this dead horse is validated as a dead horse source.
58. Re-engineer riding styles.
59. Renormalize standardized evaluations of riding ability.
60. Brand the dead horse and commission a music video for its introduction.
61. Base manager productivity evaluations upon the dead horse’s performance.
62. Award the dead horse to a retiree.
63. Rewrite the expected performance requirements for dead horses.
64. Apply standards and metrics to the riding of dead horses.
65. Is it time for the company picnic?
66. Your horse was visiting the World Trade Center on 11 September 2001, wasn’t it?
67. Write an SBIR grant application for national defense studies of necrofillya.
68. Declare the dead horse to be a trade secret.
69. Execute a major reorganization including one-time dead horse writeoffs.
70. Gather other dead animals and announce a diversity program.
71. Promote the dead horse to a supervisory position.
72. Write off the dead horse as a Y2K incompatibility.
73. Dead Horse, Emeritus.
74. Call it a virtual horse dot com and spin off an e-business plus IPO.
75. Alert Homeland Security that your horse has been killed by Muslim terrorists and demand FEMA compensation.
“In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.”
Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821),
for all my contact details & Blogs:
‘The arrogance and hubris of corrupt politicians
will be responsible for every drop of blood spilt
in the Wars of Disassociation, if Britain does not
leave the EU.
The ugly, centralised, undemocratic supra national policies being imposed by the centralised and largely unelected decisionmakers of The EU for alien aims, ailien values and to suit alien needs stand every possibility of creating 200,000,000 deaths across EUrope as a result of the blind arrogance and hubris of the idiologues in the central dictatorship, and their economic illiteracy marching hand in glove with the idiocy of The CAP & The CFP – both policies which deliver bills, destroy lives and denude food stocks.
The EU, due to the political idiocy and corruption of its undemocratic leaders, is now a net importer of food, no longer able to feed itself and with a decreasing range of over priced goods of little use to the rest of the world to sell with which to counter the net financial drain of endless imports.
British Politicians with pens and treachery, in pursuit
of their own agenda and greed, have done more
damage to the liberty, freedoms, rights and democracy
of the British peoples than any army in over 1,000 years.
The disastrous effects of British politicians selling Britain
into the thrall of foreign rule by the EU for their own
personal rewards has damaged the well-being of Britain
more than the armies of Hitler
and the Franco – German – Italian axis of 1939 – 1945.
~ for more Quotes & Facts:
############= ~ = ############
##########M r C H A D###########
Until we gain our liberty, restore our sovereignty, repatriate our democracy and reinstate our Justice system and our borders – defended by our Police and Military armed with sustainable and obtainable weaponry:
Treat every election as a referendum.
Don’t waste your vote on a self serving Politician in ANY election until we are liberated from the EU and are a Free Sovereign peoples, with independent control of our own borders, making and managing Law & Justice for our own benefit, in our own elected Westminster Parliament where we can fire our politicians at the ballot box, if they fail to represent OUR best interests.
Make your vote count
Write on YOUR ballot Paper
LEAVE THE EU